Sunday, October 31, 2010

Jax Week 4

Sorry for the lapse...but writing this is a lot tougher then I thought.

So at the 5 week mark Jax weighs in at a very hefty 7.2 pounds. We still have a bit to go but I am very happy to see this improvement. As his weight has increased so has his energy level. He is so much a puppy, the way he bounces around and plays. We brought in another foster, Wes, last week and the 2 of them have become fast friends and can usually be found bouncing around together or napping on the back of the couch. Last night it was with Wes laying on top of Jax and Jax almost buried in the cushions....and very happy.

He has decides that the loves the moose antlers I have cut up for chews. Funny to watch him carry one of the larger ones I cut for the big guys.....but he manages. With that and the biscuits Dr Dillard gifted him his larger teeth are very clean with just a bit of cleanup left for the smaller back teeth.

It has been fun to watch his personality develop over the time he has been here. He has gone from being a slightly timid, very tired puppy to an outgoing little guy who thinks everyone and everything should be his friend. He gets along very well with everyone here and has no fear of the big guys. It is funny to watch him run under the rotties and between thier legs...and they take it all in stride.

I will add a link to more pics later today. But for now here is a comparison of the difference form Day 1 to the 4 week mark.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this. I have a huge crush on Jaxom after meeting him and it's wonderful to see how far he has come. What I see of his personality reminds me of my own bundle of squirm.

    ReplyDelete