Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Jaxsom Week 1

Jaxom has had a great finish to the week. There have been no crashes and other then sleeping a lot he seems like a very happy little guy. We had a family Thanksgiving on Monday and he fit right in, he visited with everyone from my father-in-law right down to Deakin (just over a year old).
He past is a mystery I wish I knew more about, he is so happy but just looks so sad physically. The paper work that came with him lists him as a stray. Given how friendly he is I cannot see him having been a stray long enough to become so thin. With a heavily roached back I have to wonder if he has been hurt at some point. When he stretches the back will go almost straight so the root of the problem is likely the back end and not the spine. I attended a seminar a few weeks ago with a Certified Canine Rehabilitation Practitioner and when I emailed her about Jax she very happily agreed to look at his pictures and video to see if she could pin-point the problem area and suggest some exercises to help. We are slowly working him with the ball and disk and with her help we should be able to target the exercises that will do the most good.
We went to the vet on Saturday for his weekly weigh-in and he is 6.6 pounds. I would be very happy if we saw any sort of improvement each week. At his size an ounce or two would be significant.
I have tried him with different toys and I get the same reaction even without one. He focuses on my hand and that is what he wants to play with. It almost seems like he doesn’t know what to do with the toys. I did manage to find a chew he likes. I cut a flat piece off of a rawhide roll and he happily chews on it.
The supplied link will take you to my site where there are pics of Jax and a short video that shows the Roaching on his back.
Our Fosters

No comments:

Post a Comment